Flying without a doubt is the fastest, easiest and the most comfortable way to travel but an overnight flight can be very stressful and unpleasant. If you are traveling in the first class or business class, you won’t have to compromise much on comfort but for economy class travelers, an overnight flight is quite a challenge. Here are some tips to make your overnight flight trip more comfortable.
1. Choosing the right seat is the key to a comfortable journey. Since you are taking an overnight flight, you will definitely want to sleep and in this case, none serves better than a window seat. An aisle seat is also a great option, if you are looking for more arm room. Try to avoid the absolute rear of the plane.
2. Though most airlines offer entertainment but bringing your own entertainment, like an iPod, game boy, novel or a magazine is highly recommended.
3. Don’t forget your tooth brush and toiletries, including a deo and ofcourse, wet ones to help you freshen up.
4. Move around; take a stroll up and down along the aisle a few times. Contact your airline and ask whether you can request a special meal or you can carry bring your own meal. As most of the airlines foods are not that healthy as well as tasty.
5. Drink plenty of water. Bring along a high quality noise-isolating headphone, this will help in reducing the plane noise. If you are taking sleeping pills, consider using only half of the pill as flight crew should be able to wake you up in case of an emergency.
Next Time, while taking an overnight flight, follow these simple tips, these will definitely make your trip more comfortable.