- Consult your doctor before planning your trip. Check out the airline regulations for pregnant travelers. Avoid places where you require immunization.
- While booking your airline ticket, let the attendants know that you are pregnant and you need an aisle seat, so you won’t have much trouble going to the bathroom. Get a medical certificate from your doctor confirming that it’s safe for you to travel.
- Forget the latest trend in the fashion world and wear a comfortable shoe. Your feet and back will get more support by wearing a good, comfortable shoe. Don’t forget to bring along an iPod, a MP3 player or a walkman to kill your time. If you love reading, a romantic novel or books on Pregnancy & Childcare will also keep you entertained the whole flight.
- Take care of what you are eating. It’s always better to bring your own food from home, besides almost every airline offers travelers to order special meals in advance. Please avoid junk foods.
- Always keep your emergency contact numbers, such as your doctor, husband and family, in handy. If possible, travel with a friend.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Tips for Air Travel during Pregnancy
Unless you are very close to labor, traveling while pregnant is almost safe. No doubt, your near and dear ones will definitely be against it but traveling while pregnant can be fun, exciting and adventurous, plus, will allow you to release the stress of pregnancy. Here are some tips that will make your air travel during pregnancy more pleasurable, comfortable and convenient.