Even if you are a die hard traveler, you may think twice before going on a vacation at this current economic status. For the more budget conscious travelers, it’s almost impossible. Does that mean that our glorious days of traveling, vacations are over? No, we can still relive those days. It’s not that easy but it’s not impossible.
Am sure many fellow travelers must be using the hundreds of online travel sites out there in the web to book their travel plans. But if you haven’t, I would suggest you better start using these sites such as CheapOair, Expedia, OneTravel, Tripadvisor, Orbitz and so. Online travel sites are a great way to save while traveling. But if you are not careful, you could land yourself in serious mess. So here are some tips to help you get that best travel plan yet excluding the hazards while booking your travel deals on online travel sites.
• Hook up with a well known, reputed online travel site, which offers secure booking page. Check out the site terms and conditions; read the cancellation policy and browse the FAQ section, if you have any doubts.
• Booking in advance is undeniably the best way to get the cheapest deal, but this does not mean that you have to book months in advance. The best time to book is 21 days before the day of your journey. Incase if you could not, book 7 to 8 days ahead of your travel dates.
• Never end your quest by just visiting one site. Do a research on multiple-sites. If you don’t know the address of such travel sites, use search engines such as Google, yahoo search and so on.
• Sign up for fare alerts like Fares newsletters and RSS fares that the many travel sites offers. Most of the online travel sites allow visitors to sign up free for fare alerts, by which one can get all the latest updates of airfares, hotel deals and so on of a destination through emails.
• Always inquire about extra-charges or any hidden cost before finalizing your deal. Do not give up the PIN number of your credit card besides the three-digit security number on the back of your credit card.
• Once you complete the process of booking, you should receive an email confirming all the details, print it and keep it safe and handy as you will need it while check in at the airport or at the car rental office, if you have booked a rental car.
Next time while buying your travel plans online, follow these simple tips. If you have any tip or experience, feel free to share by posting it as a comment.